Jackson in Madison County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
John Luther Jones
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4D 21.)
Location. 35° 37.959′ N, 88° 48.348′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Tennessee, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of Hardee Street and Richmond Street, on the left when traveling east on Hardee Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 Hardee St, Jackson TN 38301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lane College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Merry High School (approx. half a mile away); General Ulysses S. Grant (approx. 1.3 miles away); Lambuth College (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); David Crockett (approx. 1.5 miles First United Methodist Church (approx. 1.5 miles away); Butler Race Track c. 1825 / Memphis Conference Female Institute 1843-1923 (approx. 1.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Casey Jones. Wikipedia (Submitted on January 5, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 2, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 542 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 2, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.