New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Mayor Isaac W. Patton House
This entire square was sold in 1832 to H.W. Hills and William Lord Roberson by Matthew Morgan, Samuel J. Peters, Levi Peirce and William H. Chase, who in that year subdivided the Livaudais Plantation as Faubourg Livaudais, a part of the city of Lafayette that was annexed to the city of New Orleans in 1852.
Erected 1985 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 55.823′ N, 90° 5.119′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Washington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1527 Washington Avenue, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Garden District (within shouting distance of this marker); R.N. Girling’s “English Apothecary” (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Maisonette Creole (about 300 feet away); Colonel Short’s Villa (about 400 feet away); Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 (about 500 feet away); Commander’s Palace (about 700 feet away); Christ Church Cathedral (about 700 feet away); Gilmour – Parker House (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 794 times since then and 131 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.