New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Gilmour – Parker House
For Thomas Corse Gilmour,
English Cotton Merchant
Isaac Thayer, Architect-Builder.
Sold by Gilmour heirs in 1882
To John M. Parker,
whose son, John M. Parker, Jr.,
lived here and later served as
Governor of Louisiana
The dining room extension with bay window
was added by Mrs. Sarah Roberta Buckner,
widow of John M. Parker, between
1897 and 1899.
Erected 1987 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 55.845′ N, 90° 4.975′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Prytania Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1520 Prytania Street, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edward A. Davis House (within shouting distance of this marker); Adams – Jones House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Colonel Short’s Villa (about 500 feet away); Bradish Johnson House (about 500 feet away); R.N. Girling’s “English Apothecary” Maisonette Creole (about 700 feet away); The Manse (about 700 feet away); Garden District (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 10, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 724 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on January 16, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 10, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.