Bath in Sagadahoc County, Maine — The American Northeast (New England)
Deckhouse from steamer Winapie ca.1909
The deckhouse was used for decades on the grounds of a house in Bath. Its original flat roof was covered with this peaked roof, but it kept its name of the "wireless shack," and was eventually reunited with its history.
[Background photo caption reads]
The Ferris steamer Winapie during her 1920 conversion at Percy & Small.
Note the radio shack at right just forward of the mast.
Erected by Maine Maritime Museum.
Location. 43° 53.732′ N, 69° 48.946′ W. Marker is in Bath, Maine, in Sagadahoc County. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Maine Maritime Museum, 243 Washington Street. Marker is in this post office area: Bath ME 04530, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Launch day! (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the North Ways (1901) Wyoming Sculpture (within shouting distance of this marker); Shipyard Owner's Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Kennebec River (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Fitting-Out Pier (1906) (about 300 feet away); Site of the South Ways (ca. 1867) (about 400 feet away); Transformer House (1909) (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bath.
More about this marker. The Maine Maritime Museum is on the grounds of the former Percy & Small Shipyard, which was the last remaining intact wooden sailing vessel shipyard in the United States.
Also see . . . Maine Maritime Museum. (Submitted on January 30, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 29, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 425 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 30, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on January 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.