Lancaster in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1950 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 2.393′ N, 76° 17.99′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker is at the intersection of E. Orange Street and Shippen Street, on the right when traveling west on E. Orange Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster PA 17603, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shippen House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Ross (about 700 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 800 feet away); Fulton Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Edward Shippen (approx. 0.2 miles away); Captain Stephen Chambers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jasper Yeates (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert Coleman (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,387 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on December 30, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on February 7, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.