Fairhaven in Bristol County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Destroyed by the British
September 6th 1778
Later rebuilt and now
the property of
the town of Fairhaven
Erected 1930 by Fort Phoenix Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution of New Bedford Mass.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 37.455′ N, 70° 54.131′ W. Marker is in Fairhaven, Massachusetts, in Bristol County. Marker is on Fort Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairhaven MA 02719, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Fort Phoenix (here, next to this marker); Revolutionary War Cannon (here, next to this marker); Major Israel Fearing (a few steps from this marker); Donald R. Bernard (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Fort Phoenix (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Phoenix William Bradford (approx. 0.6 miles away); Merrill's Wharf (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairhaven.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 629 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 8, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. 4, 5. submitted on September 4, 2015, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.