Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Nashville in Davidson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Woodmont Estates

 
 
Woodmont Estates Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Hoch, March 10, 2012
1. Woodmont Estates Marker
Inscription. Created in 1937 from the G. A. Puryear farm, it was once part of Samuel Watkin's country estate. Olmsted Bros. Landscape Architects designed the roads and lots to flow naturally with the hills, valleys, and brook. Residential development was made possible by the 1915 construction of a concrete road. Known by 1918 as Woodmont Boulevard, it was the first documented concrete road in Tennessee.
 
Erected 1999 by The Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County. (Marker Number 104.)
 
Location. 36° 6.856′ N, 86° 49.435′ W. Marker is in Nashville, Tennessee, in Davidson County. Marker is at the intersection of Valley Brook Road and Bear Road, in the median on Valley Brook Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nashville TN 37215, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Airfield (approx. 0.4 miles away); Battle of Nashville (approx. mile away); Julia McClung Green (approx. one mile away); Battle of Nashville Confederate Line (approx. one mile away); The Harpeth Hall School (approx. 1.2
Woodmont Estates Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Hoch, March 10, 2012
2. Woodmont Estates Marker
miles away); Assault on Montgomery Hill (approx. 1.2 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Nashville (approx. 1.3 miles away); Montgomery Bell Academy (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nashville.
 
Categories. Roads & Vehicles
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 10, 2012, by Kevin Hoch of Tulsa, Oklahoma. This page has been viewed 475 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 10, 2012, by Kevin Hoch of Tulsa, Oklahoma. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement