Lynchburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Grave of John Lynch
who was the proprietor of lands
upon which the city is built
and for whom the city is named.
A zealous Quaker, benevolent
gentleman and promoter of
whatever advanced the general
good of his community.
Died October 31, 1820.
Erected 1935 by City Council of Lynchburg.
Location. 37° 22.348′ N, 79° 11.536′ W. Marker is in Lynchburg, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fort Avenue (Business U.S. 460) and John Lynch Place, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located in the southwest corner of the the Quaker Memorial Presbyterian Church Cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5810 Fort Avenue, Lynchburg VA 24502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Quaker Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); 91st Ohio Volunteer Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Quaker Meeting House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sandusky (about 500 feet away); a different marker Sandusky (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lynchburg (approx. 0.6 miles away); Samuel Miller (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fort Early (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lynchburg.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 541 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 14, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.