Pawhuska in Osage County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
St. Louis School
For Osage Indian Girls
—1887 – 1949 —
Erected by Osage Tribal Council & Oklahoma Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society marker series.
Location. 36° 39.891′ N, 96° 21.002′ W. Marker is in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, in Osage County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 60) and Farrell Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pawhuska OK 74056, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Blacksmith Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); "Osage in the Enemy Camp" (approx. half a mile away); Site of the First Osage Agency Building (approx. half a mile away); "Million Dollar Elm" (approx. half a mile away); Vernon Whiting Friendship Between the Osage and the Occitan of Montauban (approx. 0.6 miles away); An Answer To Prayer (approx. 0.6 miles away); Restoring the Whiting Apartments (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pawhuska.
Categories. • Education • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 498 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.