The Palmer's River Meeting House
Construction started in 1717 and completed November 29th 1721, with Reverend David Turner as pastor. Fifty pounds was donated towards the cost of the building by the Newman church, the first meeting house built when the town was established in 1643, in present day Rumford.
On March 8th 1773 the church voted that the meeting house should be pulled down, and a new one built near Timothy Redway's plain, the present site of the village cemetery
Erected by Rehoboth Historical Commission.
Location. 41° 49.034′ N, 71° 16.612′ W. Marker is in Rehoboth, Massachusetts, in Bristol County. Marker is on Lake St.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rehoboth MA 02769, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Orleans Manufacturing Co. (approx. half a mile away); Palmer River Pound (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sabin Sawmill (approx. 1.2 miles away); Liberty Tree (approx. 1.3 miles away); Horton Signal (approx. 1.7 miles away); Site of Original Oak Swamp Church
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 543 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.