Leeds in Washington County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Leeds CCC Camp
Utah Historic Site
—National Register —
Approximately 250 men were housed in frame barracks that were located to the southwest with other buildings such as a mess hall, library, and showers. The remaining stone structures are but a few of those originally built. The men were typically from out-of-state and served in the CCC for 9 to 12 months. Temporary remote “spike” camps were established near many of the actual construction projects. The Leeds CCC Camp was closed in 1942, and most of the frame buildings were removed before 1950.
Erected 1993 by Division of State History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Civilian Conservation Corps marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 60 West Mulberry Lane, Leeds UT 84746, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Leeds Historic CCC Camp (here, next to this marker); "They Were Poor, Hungry, and They Built to Last" (a few steps from this marker); Civilian Conservation Corps, Leeds, Utah (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); From Schoolhouse to Town Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); A Tale of Three Towns (approx. 0.6 miles away); St. John's Church / Bishop Lawrence J. Scanlan (approx. 1.2 miles away); Mile-long Main Street (approx. 1.3 miles away); Wells Fargo and Company Express Building (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leeds.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2012. This page has been viewed 355 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 29, 2012, by Mh of Las Vegas, Nevada. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 30, 2012, by Mh of Las Vegas, Nevada. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.