Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Lewiston in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Wilson Ranch Granary

 
 
Wilson Ranch Granary Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 3, 2012
1. Wilson Ranch Granary Marker
Inscription. This granary, known as the Frick and Davis Granary, was built in 1853, as part of “Mud Ranch,” named from its rich black alluvial soil. First settled by George W. Davis and Christian Frick in 1850. The house was built in 1855. The ranch was one of the oldest, finest and valuable ranches of Trinity County. The ranch was purchased by James Wilson, in 1914. The granary is still owned by the Wilson family.
 
Erected 1995 by E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter No. 62.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
 
Location. 40° 41.938′ N, 122° 48.964′ W. Marker is near Lewiston, California, in Trinity County. Marker is on Old Lewiston Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is located just west of the Lewiston Elementary School. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Old Lewiston Road, Weaverville CA 96093, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Congregational Church of Lewiston (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lewiston Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lewis’ Town/Lewiston (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Killing of Edward José
Wilson Ranch Granary Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 3, 2012
2. Wilson Ranch Granary Marker
(approx. 0.8 miles away); Lewiston Hotel (approx. 1.2 miles away); Steel Bridge (approx. 5.7 miles away); Jumper Sawmill (approx. 5.7 miles away); Lowden’s Wagon Road (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
 
Regarding Wilson Ranch Granary. Unfortunately, the granary barn was destroyed by a wildfire after the marker was erected. Only the foundation remains.
 
Categories. Agriculture
 
Wilson Ranch Granary Foundation image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 3, 2012
3. Wilson Ranch Granary Foundation
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 328 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement