Johnstown in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Baronial Home of
Sir William Johnson
Open to Visitors
Erected 1936 by New York State Education Department.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 43° 0.716′ N, 74° 22.825′ W. Marker is in Johnstown, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of West State Street (New York State Route 29) and Hall Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West State Street. Touch for map. The marker is located on the point of an accute triangle formed between West State Street (Rt29) and the road leading to Johnson Hall, Hall Avenue in Johnstown, New York. Marker is in this post office area: Johnstown NY 12095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Memory of Sir William Johnson, Baronet. (a few steps from this marker); Landscaping Johnson Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Johnson Hall State Historic Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Johnson Hall 1762 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Who Was Sir William Johnson ? Site of First St John's Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Drumm House (was approx. 0.4 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Colonial Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnstown.
Regarding Johnson Hall. Johnson Hall is a New York State Historic Site.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. There is a large marker about Johnson Hall in down town Johnstown.
Also see . . . Johnson Hall State Historic Site. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,420 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.