Kingston in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
of the visit of
to Kingston on the 16th of November, 1782
His reception by the Trustees of the freeholders and Commonalty of the Town and the Consistory of this church
George J.L. Doll D.D., Dominie
Levi Pawling Andries De Witt
Abraham Klaarwater Philip Hooghteyling
* * * * *
This tablet is erected by the people of Kingston
on the 16th day of November, 1932
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Governor of New York
Lucas Boeve, Dominie of the Church
Eugene Bernard Carey, Mayor of Kingston
Alphonso Trumpbour Clearwater, Chairman
Washington Bicentennial Celebration Committee
Erected 1932 by Washington Bicentennial Celebration Committee.
Location. 41° 55.965′ N, 74° 1.126′ W. Marker is in Kingston, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the Old Dutch Church. Marker is in this post office area: Kingston NY 12401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. “The Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Town of Kingston in Ulster County” George Clinton ( a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named George Clinton ( a few steps from this marker); Patriots of the Revolution ( within shouting distance of this marker); Old Dutch Church ( within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Old Dutch Church ( within shouting distance of this marker); One Hundred and Twentieth Infantry New York Volunteers ( within shouting distance of this marker); Old Blockhouse ( within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingston.
More about this marker. A bas-relief of a bust of George Washington appears at the top of the marker.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 292 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 16, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.