Jamestown in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Confederate Arms Factory
Erected May 10, 1988, by the Col. John Sloan Camp, 1290 Sons of Confederate Veterans
Erected 1988 by Col. John Sloan Camp, 1290 Sons of Confederate Veterans.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans marker series.
Location. 35° 58.82′ N, 79° 55.53′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of Oakdale Road and Harvey Road, on the right when traveling south on Oakdale Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jamestown NC 27282, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oakdale Cotton Mills (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oakdale School (approx. ¼ mile away); Oakdale United Methodist Church Johnson Shoe Company (approx. one mile away); The Robbins-Holton Mill & House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Home of Dr. Shubal Gardner Coffin (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jamestown Public School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Potter House (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 21, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 409 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 21, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.