Iphofen in Landkreis Kitzingen, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
[Marker text in German:
Aus einer alten Chronik:
„Der nachmalige Kloster Ilmbachische Hof war sonst ein Bürgerhaus mit einer öden Hofstadt dabei. Das Kloster kaufte beides und ließ 1742 ein grösseres Gebaüde da aufführen und kaufte mehrere Weinberge und Felder dazu". Seit der Sakularisation in Privatbesitz.
[Marker text translated into English, more or less:}
From an old chronicle:
"Formerly a house with an abandoned outbuilding. The Ilmbach Monastery purchased both and in 1742 put up a larger building on the site, as well as purchasing more vineyards and fields". In private possession since secularization.
Location. 49° 42.201′ N, 10° 15.786′ E. Marker is in Iphofen, Bavaria, in Landkreis Kitzingen. Marker is on Lange Gasse 0 kilometers from Obere Gasse, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Lange Gasse 36, Iphofen, Bavaria 97346, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Einersheimer Gate (within shouting distance of this marker); The Owls' Tower (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Ebracher House (about 180 meters away); Tithe Tower Iphofen City Hall (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Mainbernheimer Gate (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Mainstockheim Synagogue (approx. 11.3 kilometers away); The Bacchus Inn (approx. 13.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Iphofen.
Regarding Ilmbacher Hof. The monastery itself, Kloster Ilmbach, was located about 16 km to the northeast. The monastery was divested of its holdings as part of secularization (the process of transferring property and power from ecclesiastical to civic and private authorities) about 1803.
Categories. • Agriculture • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 366 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2012, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.