Near Swainsboro in Emanuel County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Savannah Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 053-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 32° 47.05′ N, 82° 14.7′ W. Marker was near Swainsboro, Georgia, in Emanuel County. Marker was at the intersection of Covena Road (Georgia Route 56) and Old Savannah Road (County Route 449), on the left when traveling north on Covena Road. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Swainsboro GA 30401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Pine Barren Crossroads ( within shouting distance of this marker); Sherman at Midville ( approx. 2.5 miles away); Summerville ( approx. 3.2 miles away); Sherman at the Jones Plantation ( approx. 6.7 miles away); Bark Camp Church ( approx. 7.2 miles away); a different marker also named Bark Camp Church ( approx. 7.3 miles away); Old Town Plantation ( approx. 9.7 miles away); The 20th Corps ( approx. 10.9 miles away).
More about this marker. The text for the missing marker was taken from "Georgia Historical Markers" (Bay Tree Grove, Second Edition 1978) compiled by Carroll P. Scruggs from the records of the Georgia Historical Commission.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 341 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.