Upper Pittsgrove in Salem County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Pole Tavern Cannon
The Cannon was restored in 1986 by Jay Williams and David Harvey with tremendous pride in their accomplishment.
This building was constructed in 1994 by Nicholas Hutchinson and fellow Scouts, to house and protect this historic cannon. Nicolas chose this project as a requirement to achieve Eagle Scout which he proudly received in 1995.
Location. 39° 36.995′ N, 75° 13.786′ W. Marker is in Upper Touch for map. The Pole Tavern Circle is the intersection of Harding Highway (US route 40) with Old Tavern Road, the Pole Tavern -- Elmer Road, and the Bridgeton Pike. Marker is in this post office area: Elmer NJ 08318, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Pittsgrove Presbyterian Church (approx. 2 miles away); Pittsgrove Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Trinity Church (approx. 10.1 miles away); Skirmish at Swedesboro (approx. 10.1 miles away); a different marker also named Trinity Church (approx. 10.1 miles away); First Swedish Church (approx. 10.1 miles away); Trinity "Old Swedes" Church (approx. 10.1 miles away); Stratton Hall (approx. 10.2 miles away).
More about this marker. The marker is inside the plastic sided shed that protects the cannon.
Categories. • War of 1812 • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 11, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 476 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 11, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.