Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
erected by Oglethorpe
on this lot,
from May 9, 1736
to November 27, 1737 (OS)
This tablet is here placed
on the bi-centenary of his birth
June 28, 1903
Erected 1903 by City of Savannah.
Location. 32° 4.682′ N, 81° 5.612′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is on Whitaker St near W. York St, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Rear side of the Federal Building/US Courthouse in Savannah, near the loading dock, mounted on a wall about 8 feet up. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125-127 Bull Street, Savannah GA 31402, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Savannah's First Burying Ground (within shouting distance of this marker); Tomo-Chi-Chi's Grave (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Independent Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); Wesley Chapel Trinity / John Wesley's American Parish (about 400 feet Original 1733 Burial Plot (about 500 feet away); George Washington (about 500 feet away); Tondee's Tavern (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study markers shown.
Also see . . . Federal Building/US Courthouse. 125-127 Bull Street, Savannah, GA 31402 Architect: O'Rourke, Jeremiah Constructed: 1894 - 1899 Nat'l Register ID #: 74000663 GSA Building #: GA0078ZZ (Submitted on March 3, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 3, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,208 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 3, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.