East Poultney in Rutland County, Vermont — The American Northeast (New England)
Poultney Civil War Monument
Erected 1915 by Mrs. Josephine L. Lewis.
Location. 43° 31.609′ N, 73° 12.047′ W. Marker is in East Poultney, Vermont, in Rutland County. Marker is at the intersection of Town Hill Road and Vermont Route 140, on the right when traveling east on Town Hill Road. Touch for map. The marker is located within the East Poultney Cemetery which is accessible from Town Hill Road and is visible from Route 140. Marker is in this post office area: East Poultney VT 05741, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Oldest Union Church in America (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Horace Greeley - George Jones (approx. ¼ mile away); Jeffrey Brace (approx. ¼ mile away); Middletown Springs War Memorial (approx. 5 miles away); A. W. Gray & Sons (approx. 5.2 miles away); Thomas Morgan House (approx. 5.6 miles away); James Hope (approx. 5.7 miles away); Matthew Lyon (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Poultney.
Regarding Poultney Civil War Monument.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 2, 2012, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 2, 2012, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont. 2, 3. submitted on November 6, 2012, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.