Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Alpine in Brewster County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Our Lady of Peace

 
 
Our Lady of Peace Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 24, 2012
1. Our Lady of Peace Marker
Inscription. Parish Hall, site of the oldest church building in Alpine, originally called Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, completed in 1892 and in continuous use as a church until 1942, and as a parish hall until 1964.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965

 
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3884.)
 
Location. 30° 21.278′ N, 103° 39.63′ W. Marker is in Alpine, Texas, in Brewster County. Marker is at the intersection of West Gallego Avenue and South 5th Street, on the right when traveling east on West Gallego Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is above Parish Hall entrance. Marker is in this post office area: Alpine TX 79830, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (a few steps from this marker); Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church (a few steps from this marker); Garcia-Valadez House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ritchey Hotel (about 700 feet away); John R. Holland (approx. ¼ mile away); Holland Hotel Building (approx. ¼ mile away); This Enduring Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gage-Van Sickle (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alpine.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Our Lady of Peace Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 24, 2012
2. Our Lady of Peace Marker
Our Lady of Peace Parish Hall image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, October 24, 2012
3. Our Lady of Peace Parish Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 14, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 14, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement