Grayville in White County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Present Site of The Gray Family Cemetery
Former Site of
—The First Presbyterian Church USA —
The first Presbyterian Church in Grayville was organized in 1850 under the leadership of Mrs. Thomasann Gray. In 1868 the members built a small wooden Church on this corner of the cemetery, a gift from a member of the Gray Family.
It was replaced by a large brick structure in 1915. The congregation disbanded in 2005 and the land was returned to the Gray Family.
Location. 38° 15.39′ N, 87° 59.786′ W. Marker is in Grayville, Illinois, in White County. Marker is on Court Street (Illinois Route 1) near South Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West South Street, Grayville IL 62844, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Gray Family Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Thomasanne Payne Home Site (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gray Opera House (about 600 feet away); "Empire Corner" (approx. 0.2 miles away); James Gray's Stables and Slave Quarters (approx. 0.2 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vincennes to Shawneetown Stage Coach Line Illinois Remembers POW/MIA (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grayville.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Charity & Public Work • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 12, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 312 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 12, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.