Churchill in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected in 1837
The Beulah Church was the first congregation in the Presbyterian denomination to be organized in the Pittsburgh area, and is the "Mother Church" of many of the churches of the district, including the First Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh, East Liberty Presbyterian Church, First Presbyterian Church of Wilkinsburg, the Hebron United Presbyterian Church, Forest Hills Presbyterian Church, and Crossroads Presbyterian Church.
Location. 40° 26.815′ N, 79° 50.896′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15235, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pittsburgh (approx. 1.7 miles away); Pioneer Short-Wave Station (approx. 2 miles away); Frank Conrad (approx. 2.3 miles away); Linhart Homestead (approx. 2.3 miles away); Westinghouse Atom Smasher (approx. 2.5 miles away); Jane Grey Swisshelm (approx. 2.6 miles away); National Negro Opera Company (approx. 2.8 miles away); William "Billy" Strayhorn (approx. 2.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Beulah Prebyterian Church. (Submitted on December 16, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 335 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 16, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.