Marshallton in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Beside the stream below by the Indians called Wawassan is
whence ran the claim of the Lenni-Lenape to the source of the Brandywine
Erected 1909 by Chester County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 55.435′ N, 75° 41.378′ W. Marker is in Marshallton, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on Brandywine Drive 0.1 miles west of Northbrook Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. This marker in on the ridge along the Brandywine Creek between Warpath Road & Northbrook Road. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19380, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lenni-Lenape Indian Burial Ground (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cabin of Indian Hannah (approx. half a mile away); Trimbleville Historic District (approx. 0.6 miles away); Trimble's Ford (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Marshallton Historic District (approx. 1.7 miles away); Nathan Simms (approx. 1.7 miles away); Tavern Fare (approx. 1.8 miles away); Martins Tavern and The Battle of Brandywine (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marshallton.
Also see . . . Lenni Lenape - Wikipedia. (Submitted on December 19, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 613 times since then and 32 times this year. Last updated on December 22, 2012. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 19, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.