Charlton in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by Scottish settlers - 1792.
structure dedicated in 1881.
Cemetery established 1778.
Historic Site 1998
Location. 42° 58.378′ N, 74° 1.787′ W. Marker is in Charlton, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Amsterdam Road (New York State Route 67) and Sacandaga Road (New York State Route 147), on the right when traveling east on Amsterdam Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1331 Sacandaga Road, Galway NY 12074, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wolf Hollow (approx. 4.3 miles away); a different marker also named Wolf Hollow (approx. 5.3 miles away); First Church in Glenville (approx. 5.8 miles away); Hoffmans Ferry (approx. 5.9 miles away); Old Hagaman Cemetery 1774 (approx. 6.1 miles away); Pawling Hall (approx. 6.2 miles away); Cemetery 1774 (approx. 6.2 miles away); Johnson Hall – 1763 (approx. 6.3 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. History of the West Charlton Church. From the web site of the West Charlton United Presbyterian Church. (Submitted on January 20, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
2. Scotch Church Cemetery - Charlton: 883 stones. (Submitted on January 20, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 316 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 20, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.