San Juan Bautista in San Benito County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Fr. Antonio Anzar
A part of Rancho de San Antonio, granted to Manuel Larios. Don Manuel gave this cemetery site, reserving the S.W. corner for Larios family burials.
Marked by the San Juan Bautista Parlor No. 179, Native Daughters of the Golden West, October 28, 1966 in memory of pioneers and early settlers buried here.
Erected 1966 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, San Juan Bautista Parlor No. 179.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 36° 50.752′ N, 121° 32.687′ W. Marker is in San Juan Bautista, California, in San Benito County. Marker is on Monterey Street west of Church Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 75 Monterey Street, San Juan Bautista CA 95045, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Patrick and Margaret Breen (a few steps from this marker); San Juan Bautista WW II Veterans Marentis House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jim Jack’s Cabin (approx. ¼ mile away); Fremont Peak (approx. 0.3 miles away); Safety Follows Wisdom (approx. 0.3 miles away); De Anza Expedition 1775 – 1776 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Native Daughters Adobe (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Juan Bautista.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 20, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.