Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Oakland in Garrett County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Cobbler Shop In 1859

 
 
Cobbler Shop In 1859 Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, October 19, 2006
1. Cobbler Shop In 1859 Marker
Inscription. This building is one of Oakland’s oldest. Also known as New Glades House & Central Hotel, Dr. M.C. Hinebaugh’s Hospital in 1908.
 
Erected by Garrett County Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 24.474′ N, 79° 24.408′ W. Marker is in Oakland, Maryland, in Garrett County. Marker is at the intersection of South 3rd Street (U.S. 219) and Alder Street, on the right when traveling north on South 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oakland MD 21550, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Garrett County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Rasche Blacksmith Shop (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); A Bit of History - The Fireside (about 500 feet away); Welcome to Dailey’s Park (about 700 feet away); Garrett Memorial Church (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oakland.
 
More about this marker. Marker is affixed to the building between the second and third window from the right.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Former Cobbler Shop, Hotel and Hospital image. Click for full size.
By J. J. Prats, October 19, 2006
2. Former Cobbler Shop, Hotel and Hospital
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 19, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,492 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 19, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia.
Paid Advertisement