Pennington in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Settled in 1708
First known as
Incorporated in 1890
as the Borough
Location. 40° 19.69′ N, 74° 47.458′ W. Marker is in Pennington, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is at the intersection of S Main Street and E Delaware Avenue, on the right when traveling north on S Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pennington NJ 08534, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. British Horses (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Continental Lane (approx. 3.3 miles away); Temple-Ryan Farmhouse (approx. 3½ miles away); Geography & Historic Landscape of Jacobs Creek (approx. 3.7 miles away); Washington’s March to Trenton (approx. 3.7 miles away); Bridges, Roads, and Railroads of Jacobs Creek (approx. 3.7 miles away); Bear Tavern Road (approx. 3.8 miles away); Delaware and Bound Brook Railroad Historic District (approx. 3.8 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 280 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.