Near Winnabow in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1919 by New Hanover Historical Commission.
Location. 34° 2.36′ N, 77° 56.802′ W. Marker is near Winnabow, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker can be reached from St. Philips Road east of Plantation Road. Touch for map. It is at the base of the eastern wall of the St. Philip Church ruin at the Brunswick Town Historic Site. Marker is in this post office area: Winnabow NC 28479, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Colonel Maurice Moore (here, next to this marker); John LaPierre (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Anderson (within shouting distance of this marker); Brunswick Town State Historic Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Russelborough (approx. 0.4 miles away); Russellborough Orton Plantation (approx. 1.7 miles away); St. Philips Church (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winnabow.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 22, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,383 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on March 22, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 2. submitted on March 23, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia.