Corinth in Alcorn County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1952 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 34° 56.372′ N, 88° 31.138′ W. Marker is in Corinth, Mississippi, in Alcorn County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 145) and Fillmore Street (State Highway 145), in the median on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corinth MS 38834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ft. Robinette (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oak Home (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Oak Home (about 800 feet away); Fillmore Street Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Johnston's Headquarters (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Rose Cottage (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Curlee House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Generals' Headquarters (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corinth.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 375 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.