Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Riverview

 
 
Riverview Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 25, 2013
1. Riverview Marker
Inscription. Built in 1902 by Henry Hunter Mayberry (1861-1931), a native of Williamson County and a man of integrity, broad vision and generosity. He was the developer of Franklin’s water system and gave the only spring large enough to service it. In 1908 he was the builder and president of the Franklin-Nashville Interurban, the first in the state. Its hourly service resulted in the town’s increased business growth with Nashville. Mr. Mayberry also built the Nashville-Gallatin Interurban.
 
Erected 1976 by Williamson County Bicentennial Committee.
 
Location. 35° 55.736′ N, 86° 51.913′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is on Franklin Road (US 31) north of 1st Avenue S, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin TN 37064, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Price Buchanan (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Factory Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Franklin Cotton Factory and Foundry / Lillie Mills (approx. ¼ mile away); John H. Eaton (approx. ¼ mile away); Original St. Philip Catholic Church
Riverview Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 25, 2013
2. Riverview Marker
(approx. ¼ mile away); St. Philip Catholic Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Masonic Temple (approx. ¼ mile away); Union Headquarters (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
 
Categories. Charity & Public WorkIndustry & Commerce
 
Riverview Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 25, 2013
3. Riverview Marker
Riverview Mansion owned by Henry H. Mayberry
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 4, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 218 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 4, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement