Henderson in Clark County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Heading south along this trail toward Bishop Mountain, travelers turned through El Dorado pass, and continued to Nelson, Searchlight, Nipton, Wheaton Springs, and on to San Bernardino.
This section of the trail was popular as an early automobile road (1916-1924) connecting Salt Lake City and Los Angeles. Local communities along the route promoted its construction and the tourism possibilities of southern Nevada, including the nearby Valley of Fire, Nevada's first state park.
Erected by State Historic Preservation Office. (Marker Number 197.)
Location. 35° 59.739′ N, 114° 57.664′ W. Marker is in Henderson, Nevada, in Clark County. Marker is on Arrowhead Trail Road 0.1 miles south of Mission Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Henderson NV 89002, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alunite (approx. 3.2 miles away); Railroad Pass (approx. 3.2 miles away); Bootleg Canyon (approx. 5.6 miles away); TWA Terminal Building (approx. 6.5 miles away); McKeeversville, Boulder City's Predecessor (approx. 6.6 miles away); Hoover Dam Memorial (approx. 6.9 miles away); Frank T. Crowe (approx. 6.9 miles away); “Rag Town Goddess” (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Also see . . . New Amended Text for Marker. The Nevada State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) recently updated the text of the roughly 260 state historical markers in Nevada. The Nevada SHPO placed the amended text of each individual marker on its website and will change the actual markers in the field as funding allows. Minor changes have been made to this marker for grammar and readability. The link will take you to the Nevada SHPO page for the marker with the amended text. (Submitted on October 25, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 430 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 17, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.