Marion in Perry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
St. Wilfrid's Episcopal Cemetery
From October 24, 1855 through December 17, 1877, the Parish records of St. Wilfrid's Episcopal Church states that people of color, both slave and free, were buried here in St. Wilfrid's cemetery.
Erected by Alabama Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 38.188′ N, 87° 19.15′ W. Marker is in Marion, Alabama, in Perry County. Marker can be reached from Clements Street 0.1 miles east of Washington Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 Clements Street, Marion AL 36756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Confederate Rest (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Marion Female Seminary (approx. 0.2 miles away); Muckle's Ridge (approx. ¼ mile away); Perry County Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Nicola Marschall (approx. ¼ mile away); Siloam Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Judson College (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Alabama Baptist (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion.
More about this marker. Marker is built into a brick foundation and is located on the cemetery loop road on the left side.
Categories. • African Americans • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 358 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.