Marion in Perry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Marion Military Institute
The Institute is justly proud that Woodrow Wilson was the Government Day speaker in 1905; the ROTC program was established in 1916; the stained glass windows in the chapel were designed by James D'Aseenzo; and the Alabama Military Hall of Honor was established here in 1975.
Erected 1989 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 37.426′ N, 87° 19.102′ W. Marker is in Marion, Alabama, in Perry County. Marker is on Washington Street 0.1 miles north of Grove Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1101 Washington Street, Marion AL 36756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. The Alabama Baptist (approx. 0.4 miles away); Judson College (approx. half a mile away); Siloam Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Nicola Marschall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Perry County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lincoln Normal School (approx. 0.6 miles away); First Congregational Church of Marion (approx. 0.6 miles away); Muckle's Ridge (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion.
Also see . . . Marion Military Institute. (Submitted on November 10, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 292 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of Institute including those mentioned in text. • Can you help?