Champlin in Hennepin County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
World War II Monument
In memory of neighborhood boys who made the supreme sacrifice in World War II • Kenneth Adcock • Robert L. Goodrich • Robert Herrboldt • Theodore Keniston • Orvis Senear • Orvin Thorson • Walter W. Wagner, Jr. • George L. Johnson.
This monument was erected in 1956 by the Champlin Women's Club to honor those Champlin residents who served to help protect the freedom of the United States of America.
This monument was renovated with a Generous Donation from the Champlin American Legion Post - 600 in 2002.
Erected 1956 by the Champlin Women's Club.
Location. 45° 11.145′ N, 93° 23.486′ W. Marker is in Champlin, Minnesota, in Hennepin County. Marker is at the intersection of West River Road and Jefferson Highway North (U.S. 169) on West River Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Champlin MN 55316, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Louis Hennepin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Circle of Life (approx. 0.3 miles away); Highway of Exploration River Highways (approx. 0.4 miles away); Logbooms Meet Sawmills (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fireman's Grove (approx. 0.4 miles away); Where Land and Water Meet (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bridging the Mississippi (approx. 0.4 miles away).
Also see . . . Champlin Cemetery. Find A Grave. The gravesites of several of the soldiers that are listed on the monument. (Submitted on December 2, 2013.)
Categories. • War, World II • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 2, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.