Wheeling in Ohio County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Erected 1963 by Wheeling Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 4.051′ N, 80° 43.352′ W. Marker is in Wheeling, West Virginia, in Ohio County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street (West Virginia Route 2) and 12th Street, on the right when traveling north on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the wall of the Laconia Building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1144 Market Street, Wheeling WV 26003, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wheeling Post No. 1 (here, next to this marker); Board of Trade and Court Theatre (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wheeling Wharf (about 600 feet away); Wheeling -- "a pretty considerable Village" The Siege of Fort Henry (about 600 feet away); Congressional Medal of Honor (about 700 feet away); Pennsylvania Depot (about 700 feet away); In Memoriam (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wheeling.
Also see . . . First Wheeling Convention May 13-15, 1861,. West Virginia Archives and History online exhibit. (Submitted on January 1, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Politics • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 357 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on January 1, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.