West Chester in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Star Tavern
óDrover's Tavern & Lumberyard ó
Droverís Tavern & Lumberyard
Imla Bennett Owner
William Mercer Operated Tavern,
Possible Underground Railroad Stop
1844 Tavern Closes
1906 Burned, Rebuilt by George Veit
With slaughter house on site
1939 Private Home
Erected 2013 by East Bradford Township Historical Commission.
Location. 39° 57.558′ N, 75° 37.117′ W. Marker is in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of West Strasburg Road and Bradford Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Strasburg Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Chester PA 19380, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Horace Pippin (approx. half a mile away); Everhart Grove (approx. half a mile away); West Chester Academy (approx. half a mile away); Joseph T. Rothrock (approx. 0.6 miles away); Thomas S. Butler House (approx. 0.6 miles Woman's Rights Convention of 1852 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Site of the First Schoolhouse (approx. 0.7 miles away); Site of First School House in West Chester (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Chester.
Categories. • Abolition & Underground RR • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 7, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 12, 2016, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on January 7, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.