Weatherford in Parker County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
In addition to numerous pioneer families and farmers, Clark Cemetery is the final resting place of a founder of early Parker County Methodist Churches, an organizer of Jack County, a trustee of an early pioneer school and a county chief justice. The oldest marked headstone in the cemetery belongs to Anzaline Godfrey, although sixty-five unidentified burial sites from the pioneer era were discovered with ground penetrating radar. The connection to military service is represented by veterans of the Texas Rangers, the Civil War, World War
Marker is property of the State of Texas
Erected 2011 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 17320.)
Location. 32° 50.716′ N, 97° 42.937′ W. Marker is in Weatherford, Texas, in Parker County. Marker is on Friendship Road 1.3 miles south of Old Springtown Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located well inside the cemetery gate. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1390 Friendship Road, Weatherford TX 76085, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Dean of Texas Trail Drivers Oliver Loving (1812 - 1867) (approx. 7.2 miles away); Old City Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 7.2 miles away); Parker County, C.S.A. (approx. 7.6 miles away); Franco-Texan Land Company Building (approx. 7.7 miles away); James Claude Wright House (approx. 7.8 miles away); August 17, 1945 B-29 Crash (approx. 9 miles away); Grace First Presbyterian Church (approx. 9.1 miles away); Bankhead Highway in Aledo (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weatherford.
Additional keywords. HTC
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 1, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 375 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 1, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.