Dublin in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company
Sam Houston Prim (1863-1946) arrived in Dublin in 1891 with $680 worth of bottling equipment, purchasing property at the southeast corner of Patrick and Elm Streets to house his bottling works. Prim bottled Dr Pepper, along with other products, under an informal agreement until 1925, when he formally chose as a Dr Pepper distribution territory a 44-mile radius centered on Dublin -- an area that remains as the company's territory today. At the time of Prim's death, Dr Pepper executives noted that he had bottled the soft drink longer than any other individual. The company has remained in operation since that time, making it the oldest Dr Pepper bottler in the world.
Erected 2009 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15878.)
Location. 32° 5.049′ N, 98° 20.545′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is on Elm Street east of Patrick Street (U.S. 67/377), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 221 South Patrick Street, Dublin TX 76446, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dr Pepper Texas (within shouting distance of this marker); Dublin National Bank William T. Miller Grist Mill (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pecan Cemetery (approx. 8.2 miles away); Pecan Cemetery Tabernacle (approx. 8.6 miles away); George Bernhard Erath (approx. 12.3 miles away); Erath Arches (approx. 12.3 miles away); Oak Dale Cemetery (approx. 15 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dublin.
Also see . . .
1. Last Place That Made Original Formula Dr Pepper. (Submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. The Dublin Dr Pepper Plant. (Submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.