Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 2
District of Columbia
Protected by Mt. Vernon Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1916 by Mount Vernon Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Original Federal Boundary Stones marker series.
Location. 38° 48.45′ N, 77° 3.757′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. Marker is on Russell Road near King Street & Callahan Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7 Russell Road, Alexandria VA 22301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fighting Back (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alexandria (about 300 feet away); The George Washington Masonic National Memorial (about 400 feet away); Panoramic View of Alexandria (about 700 feet away); The Duke Street Tanyard (approx. 0.4 miles away); The West End (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hooff's Run Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Ellsworth (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
Also see . . .
1. Boundary Markers of the Original District of Columbia. (PDF) in Virginia. National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation Form. (Submitted on April 17, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
2. Boundary Stones of the District of Columbia. (Submitted on April 17, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 773 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 17, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.