Allstedt in Mansfeld-Südharz District, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
North Wing / Ground Floor
Nordﬂügel / Erdgeschoß
The outer walls of the trench and the courtyard are probably from the 15th century, likewise is the pointed arch doorway.
The oldest part is a tower-like building in the northeast corner. It is completely covered today and the only visible remnants are in the basement and ground floor (13th-14th centuries).
The medieval structural fabric remains to the height of the upper floor.
Cellar fixtures date from the mid-16th century, as the stonemasons' marks at the door of the cellar neck testify. In the 16th century, the chancellery was located in this space.
Between 1699 and 1707 the upper floor was built at the same time that the current room layout was made on the ground floor. Only slight changes were made during the 19th-20th centuries.
Die Außenmauern zum Graben und zum Hof sind vermutlich aus dem 15. Jahrhundert, ebenso eine spitzbogige Türöffnung.
Der älteste Bauteil ist ein turmartiges Gebäude in der Nordostecke. Er ist heute völlig eingebaut und wird nur in Resten im Keller und Erdgeschoß sichtbar (13./14. Jarhundert).
Die mittelalterliche Bausubstanz blieb bis in Höhe des Obergeschoßfußbodens erhalten.
Kellereinbauten stamen aus dem mittleren 16. Jahrhundert, wie Steinmetzzeichen
Zwischen 1699 und 1707 wurde das Obergeschoß neu gebaut, gleichzeitig entstand die heutige Raumaufteilung im Erdgeschoß, die im 19./20. Jahrhundert nur geringfügig verändert wurde.
Erected by Allstedt Castle Museum.
Location. 51° 24.523′ N, 11° 24.019′ E. Marker is in Allstedt, Saxony-Anhalt, in Mansfeld-Südharz District. Touch for map. Marker is inside the courtyard of the Allstedt Castle Museum, off Schloßtraße (L218), up the hill east of town. Marker is in this post office area: Allstedt, Saxony-Anhalt 06542, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Castle Fountains / Burgbrunnen (a few steps from this marker); Castle & Chateau Allstedt (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Castle and Chateau Allstedt (about 150 meters away); The Eisleber Mining School in the Katharinenstift 1817 - 1844 (approx. 16.6 kilometers away); Martin Luther Death House (approx. 16.6 kilometers away); Residence of Richard Wagner (approx. 16.6 kilometers away); City Seat of the Counts of Mansfeld-Hinterort (approx. 16.6 kilometers away); Martin Luther Quotes (approx. 16.6 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Allstedt.
More about this marker. English translation pieced together from several online language translation programs. Feel free to offer a more correct English translation.
Also see . . . Burg und Schloss Allstedt. (Submitted on April 17, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 327 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 18, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.