Checotah in McIntosh County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Methodist Episcopal Church, South
Sanctuary Built - 1917
Has been placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
November 13, 1984
Erected by First United Methodist Church.
Location. 35° 28.244′ N, 95° 31.504′ W. Marker is in Checotah, Oklahoma, in McIntosh County. Marker is at the intersection of Gentry Avenue (U.S. 266) and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west on Gentry Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 West Gentry Avenue, Checotah OK 74426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Towry Brothers Building (about 600 feet away); The Gentry Block (about 700 feet away); 116 South Broadway (about 700 feet away); Kniseley and Long Building (about 700 feet away); City Hall (about 800 feet away); Jefferson Highway (approx. 0.6 miles away); Missouri-Kansas-Texas Depot (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Checotah.
Also see . . . First United Methodist Church, Checotah OK. (Submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.