Tybee Island in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 25-59.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 1.333′ N, 80° 50.679′ W. Marker is in Tybee Island, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker is on Meddin Drive, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is on
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tybee Island ( within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Sims Morgan ( about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Screven Bakery ( approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Screven ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Federal Batteries on Tybee Island ( approx. 1.6 miles away); A Turning Point In History ( approx. 1.6 miles away); Long Range Artillery Duel ( approx. 1.6 miles away); Cockspur Island Lighthouse ( approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tybee Island.
Also see . . . Lighthouses of Georgia~Tybee Island Light. New Georgia Encyclopedia (Submitted on April 28, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Man-Made Features • Notable Buildings • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 28, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,269 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 28, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on July 7, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.