Chappell Hill in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Male students marched away to Civil War in 1861. C.S.A. Quartermaster Depot located here.
Many early Texas landmarks in vicinity.
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Comittee. (Marker Number 8319.)
Location. 30° 8.137′ N, 96° 15.417′ W. Marker is in Chappell Hill, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 290 and Main Street (Farm to Market Road 1155), on the right when traveling west on U.S. 290. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chappell Hill TX 77426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Soule University for Boys (a few steps from this marker); Old Rock Store (approx. 0.4 miles away); Farmers State Bank and Reinstein Store (approx. half a mile away); Early Texas River Steamers (approx. 3.6 miles away); Blue Bell Creameries (approx. 7˝ miles away); Bassett and Bassett Banking House Texas Confederate County Commissioners Court (approx. 8.7 miles away); The Brenham Maifest (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chappell Hill.
Categories. • Education • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 440 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 9, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.