Covington in Tipton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Tipton County Confederate Monument
To the Confederate soldiers of Tipton County, whose courage in war, and virtues in peace, have illustrated the highest type of American manhood.
"Nor braver bled for a brighter land,
nor brighter land had a cause so grand."
Erected by Citizens of Covington and Tipton County. (Marker Number 1894.)
Location. 35° 33.831′ N, 89° 38.779′ W. Marker is in Covington, Tennessee, in Tipton County. Marker is at the intersection of West Pleasant Avenue (Tennessee Route 54) and South Main Street (Tennessee Route 59), on the left when traveling east on West Pleasant Avenue. Touch for map. The monument is on the grounds of the Tipton County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Covington TN 38019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tipton County in the Civil War (a few steps from this marker); Thomas Goode (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cadmus Marcellus Wilcox (approx. ¼ mile away); Charles B. Simonton (approx. 0.4 miles away); General Jacob Tipton (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Site of Byars-Hall High School (approx. half a mile away); Augustus Hill Garland (approx. half a mile away); Joe Brown Bivouac, U.C.V. (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 23, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 499 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 23, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.