Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Memphis in Shelby County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Memphis City Hospital

 
 
Memphis City Hospital Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 20, 2014
1. Memphis City Hospital Marker
Inscription.  In 1836 the state authorized building a brick hospital on this site, chiefly for river travelers. In 1873 it became a municipal institution. After its razing in 1891, the location became Forrest Park.
 
Erected 1969 by Memphis Sesquicentennial, Inc,.
 
Location. 35° 8.436′ N, 90° 2.082′ W. Marker is in Memphis, Tennessee, in Shelby County. Marker is on Madison Avenue. The marker is located in Forrest Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Memphis TN 38103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Campbell Clinic (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); N. B. Forrest Camp 215 Sons of Confederate Veterans (about 600 feet away); Nathan Bedford Forrest III, Airman (about 600 feet away); Lowenstein Mansion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Elvis Presley and Sun Records / Sun Records (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Franklin Booth (approx. 0.2 miles away); Russwood Park (approx. mile away); The First Railroad in West Tennessee (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Memphis.
 
Categories.
Memphis City Hospital Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 20, 2014
2. Memphis City Hospital Marker
Charity & Public WorkScience & Medicine
 

More. Search the internet for Memphis City Hospital.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 382 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 25, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement