Buckland in Auglaize County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
White Feather's Town
Shawnee Village on the Auglaize River
Buckland, platted in 1872, was originally called White Feather because of the proximity to the Indian town. On May 14, 1891 the name was changed to Buckland. Honoring General Buckland of Fremont, Ohio, one of the promoters of the railroad.
Erected 1980 by Auglaize County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 37.661′ N, 84° 15.558′ W. Marker is in Buckland, Ohio, in Auglaize County. Marker is at the intersection of Cemetery Road and Main Street (Ohio Route 197), on the left when traveling east on Cemetery Road. Touch for map. marker is in a City Park, on cemetery Road at the corner of NW Oak Street. Cemetery Road runs east off of St Rt 197 (Main Street) Park is at the north edge of town. The cemetery seperates the park from the Auglaize River. Marker is in this post office area: Buckland OH 45819, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured The Mystery Stone (a few steps from this marker); Fort Amanda (approx. 3.7 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Amanda (approx. 3.7 miles away); Tawa Town (approx. 4 miles away); Site of the 86 Acre Homestead of Dye Sunderland (approx. 4 miles away); Bloody Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away); The Shannon Stock Company (approx. 5.1 miles away); Dudley Nichols (approx. 5.2 miles away).
More about this marker. There are other un-related markers at this site
Categories. • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 612 times since then and 112 times this year. Last updated on June 28, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.