Near Goshen in Utah County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Original Goshen Pioneer Cemetery
The original Goshen Pioneer Cemetery is located 300 yards north of this monument in ground made sacred by the sacrifice of original and native pioneers who gave their all for their faith. The following eighteen men, women, and infants are buried herein: Louisa Jane Bigelow, 1858; Diana Dall, 1859; John Shields Gardner, 1862; William Edward Martin 1865; Julia Ann Gardner, 1865; Riley Stewart, 1866; Gertrude Sorensen, 1868; Henry Lyman Cook, 1869; Hyrum Cook, 1869; Mary Ann Weech, 1873; Mary Ellen Finch, 1876; Soren Christensen Sorenson, 1876; Henry David Dall, 1876; Samuel Weech, 1877; Hyrum Finch, 1879; Annie Marie Sorensen, 1880; Nelce Sorensen, 1880;
Erected 2009 by Chief Peteetneet Company, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 556.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 39° 57.142′ N, 111° 56.342′ W. Marker is near Goshen, Utah, in Utah County. Marker is on U.S. 6 west of South 12000 West Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Goshen UT 84633, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Elberta (approx. 0.9 miles away); Goshen's Historic Grist Mill Stone (approx. 2 miles away); Southern Utah Valley (approx. 8.2 miles away); Santaquin (approx. 8.4 miles away); First Relief Society Hall (approx. 8.4 miles away); Tintic Mining District (approx. 9 miles away); “Old” L.D.S. Church Meetinghouse (approx. 9.5 miles away); Eureka United Methodist Church (approx. 9.5 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.