Blue Mounds in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Evangelical Lutheran Parochial Schule
Shortly thereafter, a parochial school erected in the valley below, taught Christian values in the native language. It remained active into the early 1900s. The school building was sold in 1923 and moved to a nearby farm.
In 1997, Dale Arneson and Verlyn Edseth acquired the deteriorating building, moved it to these grounds and with the help of several members of the congregation restored the interior and exterior to its previous appearance.
The schoolhouse serves as a reminder of the heritage of German Valley.
Eph 6.4: “Fathers do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up with the training and instruction of the Lord.”
Erected 2002 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 38.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 58.833′ N, 89° 47.377′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Located on the grounds of German Valley Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2294 South Erbe Road, Blue Mounds WI 53517, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Blue Mounds Fort (approx. 2.7 miles away); Blue Mounds Fort (approx. 3 miles away); Brigham Park (approx. 3½ miles away); a different marker also named Brigham Park (approx. 3.6 miles away); Old Town (approx. 3.7 miles away); Hauge Log Church - 1852 (approx. 3.8 miles away); Army Cargo Plane Crash (approx. 4½ miles away); Springdale Lutheran Church (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blue Mounds.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2014, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 386 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 1, 2014, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.