A Nation's Signature Event
The event is ingrained in the American memory as a significant turning point of the American Revolution.
Washington Crossing Historic Park is owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, which preserves and interprets the crossing site and tells its story. The two sections of the Park have buildings and landscapes reflecting Revolutionary War activity as well as development associated with the establishment of the Delaware Canal, ca. 1828-1834. These areas are connected by the Delaware Canal State Park, managed by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. The lower section features the Visitor Center, the historic village of Taylorsville, the lagoon and picnic pavilions.
Visiting Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Sunday, Noon-5:00 p.m. Closed:certain holidays and Mondays. Hours are subject to change without notice. Admission is charged. Bowman's Hill Tower is open seasonally April through November.
Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve is owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and managed for the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission by the Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve., Inc. The Preserve retains and preserves native plants of Pennsylvania, features trails, and offers nature programs.
Visiting Hours: The Visitor Center is open from 9:99 a.m.-6:00 p.m. seven days a week. The grounds are open from 8:30 a.m. to sundown seven days a week. Closed; certain holidays. Admission is charged (not included in Washington Crossing Historic Park admission).
Location. 40° 17.648′ N, 74° 52.212′ W. Marker is in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, in Bucks County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Crossing Memorial Blvd. and River Road on Washington Crossing Memorial Blvd.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington Crossing PA 18977, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry • War, US Revolutionary • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 231 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 30, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.